Who created RiskHorizon™
Anthesis is a leading sustainability risk and resilience advisor; a global yet specialist consultancy which believes that commercial success and sustainability go hand in hand. The company offers financially driven sustainability strategy, underpinned by technical experience and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. Anthesis has clients across industry sectors, from corporate multi-nationals such as Coca-Cola, Tesco, Cisco and Reckitt Benckiser to world class events like London 2012, 34th America’s Cup and Sochi 2014. The Group brings together expertise from around the world and has offices in the US, the UK, Germany, Middle East, China and the Philippines.
Acclimatise is an award-winning specialist consulting, communications and digital application company providing world-class expertise in climate change adaptation and risk management. It is a leader because it only focuses on adaptation, and its work is shaping the adaptation agenda across the world. Acclimatise bridges the gap between the latest scientific developments and real world decision-making, helping its clients to introduce cost-effective measures to build climate resilience into their strategies, processes and activities.
What data is it based on?
RiskHorizon™ draws on a variety of datasets, frameworks and sustainability thinking from world class authoritative sources, several of which are listed here.
- Brookings/World Bank: The Emerging Middle Class in Developing Countries
- Economist Intelligence Unit. Global microscope on the microfinance business environment 2012; Global Food Security Index 2014
- Food and Agriculture Organization. FAO Stat: Agri-Environmental Indicators
- Freedom House. Freedom in the World 2014.
- Fund for Peace. Fragile States Index 2014.
- Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum. Community Displacement
- Human Rights Watch. Land Dispossession
- International Labor Organization. ILOSTAT
- International Telecommunications Unit. ITU Statistics
- International Trade Union Confederation. Global Rights Index 2014
- Natural Resources Defense Council. Report: Waste in our water: The annual cost to California communities of reducing litter that pollutes our waterways
- Oxfam. Global corporate land rush and community displacement.
- Planet Rating. Microfinance Index of Market Outreach and Saturation
- The World Bank. Development Indicators.
- The World Bank. Global Findex Database.
- Transparency International. Corruption Perceptions Index 2013
- UNDP. Human Development Index 2013.
- US Energy Information Administration; International Energy Statistics, consumption, energy intensity etc
- World Economic Forum. Resource Scarcity
- World Energy Council. Energy Security Index 2014.
- World Health Organization. Data and Statistics. Global Health Observatory.
- World Health Organization. Pandemic Influenza Risk Management: WHO Interim Guidance
- World Justice Project. Rule of Law Index
- World Resource Institute. CAIT 2.0. GHG Emissions data including breakdown by gas 1990-2011
- WWF. Living Planet Report and Living Planet Index
How frequently is the data updated?
Updates are released on an annual basis – and/or more frequently in line with the publication of individual datasets.
Is it standards compliant?
Alignment with International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines and the US Sustainability Accounting Standards Board.